? ??????????????My Fire Inside? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.8 (34 Ratings)??3503 Grabs Today. 39316 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????Eternal Love? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (58 Ratings)??2262 Grabs Today. 36884 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

About Me

My name is Maegan. I am stubborn and outspoken. I am a farm girl. I love to read. I am a Christian and a student. I am a writer and a sports fanatic. I am a daughter, a sister, and a good man's "girl". I am a terrible cook. I'm not a flowers-and-candy kind of lady. I appreciate honesty and understanding.

Friday, March 26, 2010

-Life Changes-

Who will take care of me when I'm old? 

This is the question that haunts my thoughts lately. To catch you up to speed-- I am 21 years old. I am a college student, I live at home, and I have Endometriosis. I have been told that a hysterectomy is my only option. I am not a candidate for ulterior treatments.Again, I am only 21 years old.


I looked up hysterectomy online-
"A hysterectomy (from Greek ὑστέρα hystera "womb" and εκτομία ektomia "a cutting out of") is the surgical removal of the uterus, usually performed by a gynecologist. Hysterectomy may be total (removing the body, fundus, and cervix of the uterus; often called "complete") or partial (removal of the uterine body but leaving the cervical stump, also called "supracervical"). It is the most commonly performed gynecological surgical procedure. In 2003, over 600,000 hysterectomies were performed in the United States alone, of which over 90% were performed for benign conditions.Such rates being highest in the industrialized world has led to the major controversy that hysterectomies are being largely performed for unwarranted and unnecessary reasons" (wikipedia.org, 2003).


My parents are siding with the doctors. I seem to be alone in the belief that having children is more important than feeling well all the time. I'm told I'm being "selfish"....but I'm sure that if I made the choice to give up kids and heal myself, then I would feel selfish in the truest sense.


This is a random post...not related to school or New Media. However, it is important to me. This is an issue  that has the ability to change everything about the rest of my life. I just thought I'd like to share my thoughts and see if anyone else had anything to say about the advice that is being given by doctors currently. With all the medical advances that are being made...with all of the technology being made available....nothing can help me? Am I supposed to so readily accept the fate they're trying to hand me?

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hysterectomy

0 comments: