? ??????????????My Fire Inside? ????? ?? ???Rating: 3.8 (34 Ratings)??3503 Grabs Today. 39316 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????????????????Eternal Love? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.4 (58 Ratings)??2262 Grabs Today. 36884 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

About Me

My name is Maegan. I am stubborn and outspoken. I am a farm girl. I love to read. I am a Christian and a student. I am a writer and a sports fanatic. I am a daughter, a sister, and a good man's "girl". I am a terrible cook. I'm not a flowers-and-candy kind of lady. I appreciate honesty and understanding.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"Toyota...Oh, How You've Failed Me"

          In August of 2009, I purchased my first new car. I saved for months before finally settling on what kind of vehicle I would buy. This was a huge decision...the first one I'd made on my own really. Only now, months later, have I finally come to the conclusion that I made two of the most major mistakes a car customer could ever fall into in the year of 2009.
NUMBER ONE: I bought a car without really looking into its coverage plan.
NUMBER TWO: I purchased a Toyota.
        Who can really blame me? I was enamored by the "Shiny" factor. New car...pretty chrome inside with lots of knobs and gadgets I'd never had before (hello, I previously drove a 1990 Ford Ranger with no air conditioner and no radio). So- in August, I drove off the lot in a brand new 2010 model, Toyota Corolla. A few months later I started seeing on the news reports of deaths...fatalities..accidents...due to problems with Toyota vehicles! A couple months after that I recieved a notice from my Toyota dealership stating: " Please return your car to your nearest Toyota location due to the recall of the accelerator designated to your specific vehicle"
           Cool. So I could've died? Good thing I'm paying ridiculous amounts of money a month for a car that is Still killing people. Really the whole point of this post is to ask the general public a question: Why am I still paying the full price for a car that was recalled? Below is a piece of an article that I just read on Yahoo news.com:
                    "Toyota Motor Corp. has been reeling from the recall of more than 8 million vehicles worldwide — including 6 million in the U.S. — over problems with accelerator pedals and braking issues with the Prius hybrid. The automaker rolled out aggressive incentive programs in early March, including 0-percent financing on recalled models, low-priced leasing and the free maintenance offer."

Thats nice of you Toyota. What about the rest of us who are still paying for the same cars you're marking down? What about the cars we've Already bought....that belong to the very same line you're still trying to sell?



* http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100331/ap_on_bi_ge/us_auto_show_toyota

0 comments: